From ski & sail with christian radich and fri flyt in 2019. Visitng the mountains in Lyngen with a big skimo / randonee ski touring group! Foto: Torbjørn Melby
We always welcome international participants to our trips, and as you might know about Norway, we are usually pretty good english speakers. On our previous trips we've had a lot of international guests. This is the third year we're running ski&sail trips with the Tall Ship named Christian Radich. We've had participants from Spain, Germany, Switzerland, USA, The UK, Finland and probably more!
These are the dates and prices of the trips
3. april - 7. april Sunnmørsalpene - Departure from Ålesund. Kr 12 490,- FB event - Tickets here!
15. april - 19. april Lofoten - Departure from Harstad/Evenes. NOK 13 490, - FB event - Tickets here!
29. april - 3. may Lyngen - Departure from Tromsø. NOK 12 990,-.- FB event - Tickets here!
Please note that this is just a small collection of the most crucial information. If you have any further questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as quick as we can within normal norwegian business hours.
What are these trips all about?
- Each trip of ski & sail visits a mountainous area with our group and guides, over four-five days. We welcome skiers and snowboarders!
- We are about 40 people and 6-7 guides, so when ski touring you will have one guide per 6 people, more or less.
- We travel on the Tall Ship named Christian Radich - a majestic three-masted vessel with full crew, accomodation, kitchen and amenities aboard. We live and eat on board, but will visit destination inland as well.
- The trip starts and ends in a city (f.ex. Tromsø, for the Lyngen trip) and consists of 1 24-hour day of sailing to the destination. While there, we will have 3 days in a row, each day with a ski tour of 4-8 hours in spectacular terrain.
- We will use the ship or smaller tender boats, as well as mini buses or buses, to get to the start of the ski tours.
Payment and booking
- The tickets are booked at our webshop friflytbestill.no. We recommend to book as soon as possible. Last year the tours were sold out.
- When ordering the ticket online in our webshop friflytbestill.no, you will pay a deposit of 2000 NOK. This deposit is non-refundable.
- Once we're getting closer to departure, you will receive an invoice for the remaining cost of your trip. We refund the price (except deposit) if you cancel max 60 days before departure. We will not refund your cost if you cancel within 60 days of departure.
- The participation fee covers your stay on board with room and board, entertainment on board and the fee for guiding. We do not cover personal travel expenses to the destination or personal food (f.ex. beer on board after a trip)
Practical things and skiing/snowboarding
- You'll be needing to bring your own ski touring gear (like appropriate skis, skins, tech bindings and boots) as well as avalanche gear: A transciever, shovel and probe.
- We do not expect you to be a skiing expert - even ski touring newbies are welcome. However, you should know a bit about touring and have reliable skiing/snowboarding technique.
- All dietary restrictions and so on can be accomodated for, in a satisfying fashion!
- The guides mostly speak english. You will for the most part be assigned to one guide for the touring days!
If you have any further questions, please send an email to email@example.com